Never Underestimate the Difference You Can Make
Volunteers are an important part of Down East Community Hospital’s mission to improve the overall health and well being of the community. Whether you have two hours a week or two days a week, we encourage you to consider volunteering and contribute to the caring, compassionate quality care we provide.
- Listen and respond to the needs of patients and visitors
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Assist our Auxiliary in their gift shop
- Knit or quilt for our Pastoral Care and Obstetrics Departments
- Lend a hand to office personnel
- Support special events
….and much, much more!
You can volunteer to do as much or as little as your schedule allows—days, evenings, or weekends—daily, weekly, or monthly.
If interested in volunteering, volunteer applicants must:
- Complete a brief application
- Interview with the Volunteer Services Department
- Provide immunization records or if unable, the Hospital can provide a simple blood test
- Complete the volunteer orientation
….and get started!
You may also call Down East Community Hospital’s Volunteer Services at (207) 255-0468 to inquire about the many volunteer opportunities available.