Down East Community Hospital has been granted Tier 1 Status by the Maine State Employee Health Commission.
Tina Bridgham told of her battle with cancer at Down East Community Hospital on Saturday during Cancer Survivors Day.
On May 23 Down East Community conducted its Annual Meeting to elect new members to our Board of Trustees and to speak with our Corporators about accomplishments from the past year and about our vision moving forward.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Department at Down East Community Hospital recently expanded its services.
Down East Community Hospital reaches out even more to Washington County’s young family population.
Down East Community Hospital is excited to announce our modified doula program.
Down East Community Hospital partnered with Sunrise Care Facility, Moosabeec Ambulance, and Machias Ambulance to create a nursing facility transfer form for safer patient transfers that is now being utilized by Sunrise Care Facility for all patients being transferred to the Down East Community Hospital Emergency Department. Through the development and use of this form, vital patient information is readily available for EMS and emergency department personnel.
Down East Community Hospital is implementing a new technique when it comes to patient safety. This new process is important because now the healthcare worker will have more frequent interaction with the patient and there will also be a time and a costs savings.
Rob Janssen, RN, BSN, CEN assumed the position of Chief Nursing Officer at Down East Community Hospital. Mr. Janssen replaces Karen Labonte who ended her tenure as Chief Nursing Officer in June, 2011.
“Trauma System Hospitals can treat 85% of the injured patients who need hospital care. They bear the major responsibility for early and fast decision-making and treatment following an injury. Trauma centers are there to back them up for the other 15% of patients when the need arises.” said Dr. Ali Jawed, an Eastern Maine Medical Center trauma surgeon who headed the Technical Assistance Team visit at Down East Community Hospital.